Given the fact that we have only been out here for 9 months, I think we've done rather well on the visitor front. Three visits. We had the same number in Canada, only we were there for over 3 years. So either Hong Kong is high on a lot of people's "Want to Visit" List, or our popularity has peaked in recent years or, more likely of course, word has finally got out that I actually make a pretty good tour guide. Well... I did I start my "career" in Travel & Tourism, so I guess it was a natural progression...
Seriously though, the visitors have made a big difference. Having people take the time and effort, not to mention the cash, to come out and see us here and share the experience with us, if only for a few days, means a lot. Living where we live, it takes a bit of preparation making space for an extra body or two, but it's very worth it. For me, as Official Tour Guide (I'm the only one not working don't forget) I get to test my own knowledge of Hong Kong and see how much I've learned and absorbed in these 9 months. It's been a bonus too that I haven't had to do the same excursions three times over...I love that each visit has been very different. Each time I get to see a slightly new Hong Kong, viewed from a different perspective...that of our guests.
So thank you all...you know who you are of course...for being such great friends..and in some cases family... and thank you to our most recent guest for helping me to get a bit more creative with my photography last week. Below I'm previewing my very first attempt at working with Photoshop...although none of these images have been tampered with, simply displayed in a new way...I think it would make a rather nice greeting card actually....

No comments:
Post a Comment